Special Training Session
Each year the director of the Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu Headquarters, Kondo Katsuyuki, holds a special training session as described below.
Nippon Budokan Training Center
582 Sawakura, Katsuura City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan.
Phone: (0470) 73-2111
See below for the transportation guide.
August 5nd (Mon) to August 11th (Sun), 2019
(joining the session in the middle is not allowed)
Participants should arrive no later than 18:00 on August 5th.
All participants are expected also to attend the headquarters convention which will be held on the 10-11th.
50th anniversary commemorations
A party to celebrate the 50th anniversary of headquarters director Kondo Katsuyuki's dojo will be held on the 11th. The normal cost per person would normally be 13,000 JPY, however the actual participation fee will be as follow:
- 5,000 JPY for members participating to the entire seminar
- 10,000 JPY for all other members
A formal dress code is not imposed for the event; however, participants are reminded that this remains an official event, and that they should still dress appropriately (no shorts, jeans or t-shirts).
Seminar participants will leave the Nippon Budokan Training Center (in Katsuura) for the event on Sunday morning. The planned schedule will be as follow (subject to change):
August 10th (Saturday)
- Morning: Dan ranking examination
- Afternoon: 64th Headquarters convention
- Evening: packing of personal luggages and belongings
August 11th (Sunday)
- 8:45 at the latest: departure from the training center (by walk or by taxi)
- 9:28 train departing from Katsuura Station
- 10:49 Arrival at Chiba Station
- 11:00 Arrival at the restaurant (Totenko)
The event will be held at:
- Time: 11:00AM
- Place: Totenko (JR Chiba station, inside the station's building)
- Address: 〒260-0028 Chiba prefecture, Chiba city, Chuo, Shinmachi 1000 Sencity Bldg 22nd/23rd floor
Final departure will be after the celebrations.
(subject to change)
Participation is limited to individuals who:
- Have obtained a recommendation from an authorized branch dojo head or study group leader
- Have attended at least five seminars by Headquarters director Kondo Katsuyuki (this may allow some former seminar participants to obtain a dan ranking).
- Japanese national and residents must be in possession of their insurance card (保険書)
- Foreigners in Japan for the duration of the seminar must have subscribed for travel insurance (coverage should include injuries and sickness)
Participants joining training must show proper etiquette. The keikogi (or training uniform) worn by practitioners must be either a white Judogi, Karategi or Aikidogi; colored keikogi are not allowed. Also, dan-level practitioners are expected to wear a black hakama during training.
- JPY 10,000/day (accommodations, 3 meals a day, 2 barbecues, insurance against injury included)
Only Japanese yen are accepted. Please exchange your currency upon arriving in the airport.
Dan examination and approval fees
- JPY 10,000 (1st dan and 2nd dan)
- 1st dan: JPY 10,000
- 2nd dan: JPY 20,000
- 3nd dan: JPY 30,000
Applications should be submitted by email to the Headquarters in the period from June 1st to July 10th, 2018.
Transport guide from Narita Airport
Use the Keisei Line limited express bound for Ueno (departs three times per hour from the airport) and get off at Keisei Narita Station; exit the station and walk about 5 minutes to JR Narita Station; take a JR express or a local train to Chiba Station. At Chiba Station, change to the Sotobo Line local train and go to Katsuura Station. The Training Center is located at the top of a hill and is about 15 minutes walk from Katsuura Station.
Please, note that there is also a JR Sobu Line express train that leaves once an hour from Narita Airport. If you use this train, you do not have to change at Narita Station and you can go directly to Chiba Station. This train will take about 30 minutes to arrive at Chiba Station.